96' x 26' x 12' - A handsome, no nonsense vessel; a wonderful reminder of an era of serious wooden workboats. Heavy timber construction, built in 1944 by the Pacific Boat Building Co. for the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Caterpillar D398 main engine with Caterpillar 4:1 gear. Fuel consumption approximately 1 gallon / mile at 8 knots. Breeze features large fuel, fresh water, and holding tanks. She hosts 14 - 16 guests.
Breeze could serve as a private yacht, or as remote work camp accommodations.
Breeze was hauled in June 2015 for hull cleaning, minor caulking where required, paint, and zincs. Random hull fastenings were removed and checked for integrity and the cutlass bearing was replaced. The underwater hull is reportedly in very good condition.
See all the specifications below.
- Located: Gulf Islands, BC
- 96' x 26' x 12'
- Built By: Pacific Boat Building Co., Tacoma, WA in 1944 - (Commissioned as TP-231 - US Army)
- Carvel planked wood / steel bulwarks - very heavily built
- 3 watertight bulkheads
- 12 cylinder Caterpillar D398 Series "A" diesel
- Air start - installed 1962 with low hours on rebuild
- Caterpillar 4:1 gear
- Keel cooled / heat exchangers - funnel exhaust
- 6" Bronze shaft with brake
- 4 cylinder Caterpillar D8800 - shaft drive 60 kW DC and belt drive 25 kW AC (rebuilt)
- 2001 - 3 cylinder Cummins / ONAN 15 kW generator in sound enclosure
- Belt drive 10 kW DC generator - front of main engine
- "Lister" single cylinder 5 kW (needs repair)
- Diesel: 2 x welded steel - 2500 imp. gallons each
- Fresh Water: 2 x welded steel - 1000 imp. gallons each
- Holding Tank: 1 x 400-500 imp. gallons (approximate capacity)
- 4 x 10' x 3' air tanks for starting air - Quincey air compressor
- "Rheem" 40 gallon hot water tank
Voltages / Batteries / Charging
- Portable 1-1/2" Honda fire pump
- CO2 fire suppression system in engine space
- Built in fire pump system - needs repair
- 110V AC - generators and shore power
- 110V DC - 19 x 6V deep cycle batteries
- 32 Volt DC - 4 x 8V heavy duty batteries
- 3 x 12V batteries
- "Jim Rhume" Constavolt charger (110V DC)
- "Newmar" Model 32/20 Constavolt charger
- Inverter for TV / Stereo
- Single station cable / chain steering - very light touch
- (Jog steering /rams / electric hydraulic pump and reservoir in place in engine space - believed serviceable but not currently used)
- Cable and sheave engine controls
- DECCA 090 36 mile radar
- ICOM Radar
- Garmin GPS / Plotter
- "Sailor" RT2048 VHF
- "Uniden ES" VHF
- (VHF in galley as well - antenna required)
- Hailer / Foghorn
- Search light with mechanical remote
- Air horns
- JVC Flasher sounder
- Barometer and 2 x clocks
- 8" ships bell
- Chart table and storage
Galley / Domestic
- Main and spare - Admiralty style, 800 lb and 600 lb
- Cable and chain rode
- Electric anchor winch with chain gypsy and warping head
- Tow Post forward
Accommodations / Common spaces
- "Phoenix Cyclos" Diesel galley range with hot water coil
- 110V 2-burner counter top range
- Microwave / convection oven
- Separate (large capacity upper/lower) fridge and freezer compartments
- Trash compactor
- Double stainless sink with garburator
- Household washer and dryer (engine space)
- Built-in vacuum
- Propane BBQ (upper deck, the only propane appliance)
- Large wood paneled sitting room / library. Wall mounted lamps and opening ports. Two exits to upper sundeck with BBQ. Built-in seating with drawers below converts to two single berths.
- Pull-out accordion style privacy curtain. Head with domestic toilet and sink. Two easy chairs.
Main Deck Guest / Crew quarters
- Mid-ships upper deck, queen bed with built in hanging closets, chest of drawers, side tables and lamp shelves. En-suite head with domestic toilet sink, vanity and bathtub. Access to wheelhouse
- As originally constructed, six cabins, with 2 bunk (upper/lower) configuration; each with a sink, two hanging lockers and storage below bottom bunk.
- Very nice hardwood joinery and overhead beam trim. Great headroom. All cabins have interior access; the center cabins on each side have side deck access as well.
Safety / Additional
- Large and bright with sliding glass door access to aft deck. With 2 leather couches, easy chair, coffee table, stereo, TV-VHS, Yamaha organ, and ice maker.
- Head with domestic toilet / sink and full size shower
- Dining seating for 8 with built in sideboard and cupboards.
- "SAT Alert" EPIRB
- Numerous life rings / life jackets / weather clothing
- "Safeco" first aid kit
- 7 fire extinguishers
- 2 x deck cranes with 12V winches suitable for lifting tenders to blocks on upper deck